Monday, September 14, 2009

HOTEL UPDATES (T-Minus 19 days)


   I know some of you are last minute-planners, or for work reasons or budget reasons, are waiting till the last minute to decide whether you can come to the wedding. And that's totally understandable - except i am going to start to harass you for an answer starting next week...just because we have to give everyone our final headcounts, and decide who can and cannot sit next to each other, etc. So don't hate me when I start hunting you down...it's all about ordering the right number of cupcakes, people!

   That said, there's some hotel info updates. The Grand is 99% booked for the wedding, there's just a 2-story townhouse suite & a 2-room efficiency suite left, which is good for people who are sharing with other couples, etc...but for singles & couples, there are still rooms left at THE MONTREAL INN (800-525-7011) and a new option, THE PALACE HOTEL (888-784-8372), both of which are either a block or two blocks away from the Grand. I have to admit i've never stayed at either but seem very nice. The Palace is a bit more no-frills but clean. A few other people I know of have booked at the Montral already. And since the date is so near, both places seem to have adopted a flexible stance on the usual beach 2-night minimum. So if you only want one night, definitely call and they'll probably cut you a deal.

   I'll be posting printable directions sheets with fun-stuff-to-see-on-the-road next week, so check back.

   AND SEE YOU AT THE WEDDING!


No comments: