
Well, it had to happen eventually...sooner or later, The rest of the Panepintos had to get out to Iowa. And what better time than State Fair time! And what a caravan it turned out to be. Me & Ryan, my parents, and Mandy & Nav all flew out to Iowa from NYC, and Kim & Greg and Mia & Jim drove out from Chicago. It was a crazy time, including a ton of sightseeing for my parents of every place of significance to Ryan's life (especially the eating places), and Mandy's birthday, and the State Fair, and special corndog party at the Fair hosted by Nancy for us, and a Barker barbeque in the country. That's a lot for 3 days. I'm still tired.
I am waiting for some more pics from other people over the weekend, so I can't do a complete post yet, but I thought you all might like a sneak peak. You can see all my pictures on our shutterfly page here.

Why yes, those are porkchops on sticks. And they were good.



The pickle-dawg was, surprisingly, pretty tasty.

Get it? Ryan-and-Lauren-on-a-stick?



I have to find a close up, but Mia was handing out hershey kisses glued to popsicles (Kisses on a stick? Get it?)



The Barkers are crack shots...especially Ryan & Mandy!

Man I am getting full all over again remembering what I ate at this table. Ryan's stepmom Barb is a fabulous cook. And yes, I totally cheated on my detox. and no, I am not sorry.
I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of Ryan's family & friends that we got to meet, eat a lot of food on sticks with, and generally have an awesome time with. Iowa really put on a great show for us city folk. I hope we see you all on the East Coast in October!
No comments:
Post a Comment