Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Boy from Iowa speaks...

Hello all, it's me, the groom. I'm the necessary (but usually silent...) part of the marriage process. Can't have a bride without a groom, you know. Except in three states out here on the east coast, and maybe one in the midwest here pretty soon, hopefully. Anyway, for the purposes of the wedding in Cape May, NJ on 10/3/09, a groom is needed.

I am that groom.

I assume since you're all reading this, you're familiar with the bride by now. She's pretty awesome, huh? Yep, I clearly lucked out. I'm looking forward to the festivities coming up in October, and all of the surrounding activities that go along with the whole deal. Things are coming together nicely, thank you, and the big day will be here before we all know it.

You'll be hearing more from me coming up shortly, including information on the groomsmen (and women...oooo, foreshadowing...), my outlook on the whole wedding process, my ideas for the ceremony and reception, and other random blatherings, perhaps.

Speaking of, big congratulations to groomsman Trinity and his wife, Tara, on the birth of their son Jasper last Friday (the 13th!). All are well, and happy, and wonderful. Congratulations!

More coming. Stay tuned.  

1 comment:

trinity_ray said...

Hey, a shout out for Jasper...yay! He says "back at you Uncle Barker!"
Being a boy from Iowa myself I trust that your influence on the wedding will be most appearant for it's quality and good taste.
And while Jasper is not per se from Iowa we like to borrow a phrase from a friend here in Boston when describing his mix...we say he's "Made in Boston with Iowa parts."
Love you guys!