Now I'm a very spoiled bride-to-be — I have an amazing, talented, wonderful group of people that consider me special enough to consider taking on the dreaded mantle of "bridesmaid" for. (Granted, I thought they'd all bail if I tried to get them in matching outfits, so I decided not to test their love THAT far). Among my bridesmaids-and-bridesdude I have 2 amazing graphic designers, the best floral designer on the east coast (not just in my opinion I'm sure), a wonderful nurse in what has to be the hardest and most demanding field of nursing, pediatric oncology, (and that's not even encompassing all their OTHER talents.)
However, I have to give one particular bridesmaid a special shout-out this week, and crown her, the brainiest bridesmaid! Chrysta, who is graduating from the University of Pennsylvania this month, is not only graduating from what must be the hardest major there: biomedical engineering. Not only did she spend the last 2 summers in China building prosthetic limbs for amputees. Not only did she get accepted into the #1 and #2 top rehabilitative medicine graduate programs in the country. Not only does she already have a patent in the works, for which she already won a "Pennvention" award for (dumb name, I know)... But she ALSO just placed THIRD in the extremely prestigious UPenn Wharton School of Business Entrepreneur contest! CONGRATS!!!!!!
I love you all, my bridesmaids-and-bridesdude, but I don't think any of you would disagree, the kid deserves a special shout out this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment