

If you recall from the Bridesmaid Bill of Rights, clause 2 states that all the bridesmaids (and bridesdude) must be tattooed for the wedding. Elise, Marc, and Jen all have tattoos already, which leaves Danielle, Chrysta, Mandy, & Kim (yes, I know Mandy and Kim are Groomsgirls, not Bridesmaids, they volunteered themselves) ink-less. Now, while i'd be all for them making appointments at New York Adorned (what a great Bachelorette party idea), I am an understanding bride, and I'll let them wuss out and go a less-permanent road.
There's this company Temptu, which does a lot of movie tattoos, and they make semi-professional tattoo kits in a whole bunch of styles. Well, I got a kit and a few designs, and Mandy was happily my guinea pig a few weekends ago. Pretty much, you get the black outline printed on a piece of really thin paper, and you place it against the skin and saturate it with alcohol until the paper lifts off, leaving the outline behind. Then you use their special skin paints, and a paintbrush, and a steady hand, to paint in the colors. Then you set the whole area with talc or baby powder. Honestly it came out SO MUCH BETTER than I expected, as you can see for yourself. It was supposedly the talk of the party Mandy went to that night.
Anyway, it lasts a few days, even thru a shower, as long as you keep putting baby powder on it, so it should definitely be fine if applied friday night before we go to bed. So start picking out designs, ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment