Monday, July 6, 2009

Wedding #4: Kim & Greg in Chicago!


     Fathers Day Weekend was Kim & Greg's wedding in Chicago, and it was beautiful. I don't have "official" wedding pics up yet, because Kim & Greg are still on their honeymoon in Greece, but as soon as her photographer puts them up online, I'll put a link below.
     Me, Ryan, and my parents flew into Chicago thursday night and stayed at The Allerton, this cool old hotel that's been remodeled - if you know Chicago, it's the one that has a big "Tip Top Tap" sign at the top. It was right around the corner from the Four Seasons, where the wedding was. 
     Friday Aunt Nancy had a lovely brunch for the ladies (waiting for pics of that also) at Le Colonial, a French-Vietnamese restaurant downtown, and the food was very good. It was a fun way to kick off the wedding weekend - but it POURED off and on all day friday. Seriously, I must have gotten drenched 3 separate times. I got to skip the big rehearsal, but Ryan went, and then we had a fun rehearsal dinner at Spiaggia, which is supposedly one of the Obamas' favorite restaurants. 
     Saturday was the big day (and it was sunny and hot, thank goodness!) and all the Steeds and the Reillys (and the fiancés, a.k.a. moi) met up for pics. After a whole lot of posing, it was time for the ceremony. Kim looked really beautiful. I loved her dress - I don't have a good picture of the back, but it looked like white cherry blossoms were trailing across the shoulders. And Ryan looked very handsome in his tux too. 
     The ceremony was very nice, and Kim & Greg were brave enough to attempt to get thru their self-written vows without choking up (I don't know what Ryan & I are going to do, it's going to be a serious waterworks, maybe we can appoint stand-ins to read the vows?), and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Even Kim was having trouble by the end. Then we went back to the outside room for cocktails (I really liked the "white cosmo" with white cranberry juice they were passing around, but Ryan said it was too girly/sweet - what can I say, I'm a sucker for a sugared glass rim) while the decorator elves turned the room over for the reception.
     After that it was dinner & dancing time - they had this great live band - at least a dozen musicians, and it was a real dancing crowd. Everyone was up and dancing, especially the family (even Mom & Dad!) so I am optimistic for our wedding. I hope we have a lot of dancers at ours too - those kind of weddings seem like the most fun. We have a LOT of music fans coming, so fingers crossed.
     Anyway, enjoy some teaser pics below until I can put up the official photographer's link...

Mandy looked gorgeous in her bridesmaid dress - and Ryan looks pretty spiffy too. He cleans up pretty well - there's hope for him as a groom yet

Marcia's dress was really cool, and "accidentally" matched Nancy's...hmm I don't know - you know how those two like to match!

The one above & below are from the rehearsal dinner


Nav making sure we could read his placecard clearly


Me & Ryan practicing our dance moves (verdict: Ryan's fine, but I need lessons before October)


And at the end of the wedding, they brought out hamburger sliders & mini milkshakes! so cute! This is my favorite pic of the whole weekend!

No comments: